Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Third Degree Transport of Assault Firearms Hudson County NJ Results in PTI Admission

NJSA 2C:39-9G – Improper Transport of an Assault Weapon in New Jersey

3rd Degree Crime in Jersey City NJ Results in Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) Program

Hudson County Gun Charge Arrested Help Best Defense
Jersey City Gun Charge

Do you need a lawyer because you were arrested for improperly transporting assault weapons in New Jersey? We can help. Contact us now for immediate assistance.

The NJ firearms lawyers at the Tormey Law Firm LLC recently represented a client who was charged with the improper transport of an assault firearm under N.J.S.A. 2C:39-9(g), a crime of the third degree punishable by 3-5 years in prison if convicted. This is an indictable (felony) level offense that was handled in the Hudson County Superior Court located in Jersey City, NJ. Specifically, the Summons (Complaint) charged our client with the offense of transporting his AR-15 rifle, 3 magazines for the rifle, and 200 rounds of .223 ammunition in the trunk of his vehicle and left the vehicle parked unattended overnight, resulting in the vehicle being burglarized and the rifle and ammunition stolen.

Our client had no prior criminal history and had a proper permit for the weapon. As a result, we were able to convince the Hudson County Prosecutor’s office to waive the Graves Act which requires mandatory prison time and parole ineligibility for weapons offenses like this. In addition, we applied our client for the first offender program known as Pre-Trial Intervention (“PTI”). He was accepted into the program with a probationary period of 12 months. Now, when he successfully completes the probation his charges will be completely dismissed. Moreover, he will be able to file an expungement to remove the arrest from his record as well after 6 months once his case is dismissed.

Arrested for an Assault Weapon in Hudson County? Contact Us Now

This was a great result for our client and the Tormey Law Firm LLC. If you or a loved one needs assistance with a firearms charge in New Jersey, contact our offices anytime for a free initial consultation at (201)-614-2474.

Request a Free Consultation

If you or a loved one is in need of assistance with a gun related issue in New Jersey, you've come to the right place. Contact our experienced firearms defense trial team anytime for immediate assistance at (201) 614-2474. The initial consultation is always provided free of charge.

Areas We Serve

The firearms lawyers at the Tormey Law Firm represent clients charged with weapons offenses in Bergen County (Hackensack), Essex County (Newark), Morris County (Morristown), Passaic County (Paterson), Hudson County (Jersey City), Middlesex County (New Brunswick), Somerset County (Somerville), Camden County (Camden), Warren County (Belvidere), Hunterdon County (Flemington), Monmouth County (Freehold), Ocean County (Toms River), Burlington County (Mount Holly), Sussex County (Newton), Mercer County (Trenton) and throughout New Jersey.



254 State Street

Hackensack, NJ 07601

(201) 556-1570Directions


55 Madison Avenue Suite 400

Morristown, NJ 07960

(908) 336-5008Directions


1 Gateway Center Suite 2600

Newark, NJ 07102

(201) 654-3464Directions

New Brunswick

353 Livingston Ave, Suite A

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

(201) 614-2474Directions